Welcome to my website. I’m Sheila Ward, elected as a public school trustee for Ward 14 in the city of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The term of our current mandate is midnight, December 1, 2014 to midnight, November 30, 2018
A website changes as new material is added wile others is amended or dropped. The amount of change on my website varies, depending on the staff resources (me and sometimes one other assistant) and the time available to keep the material current and fresh and worthwhile for readers. Please feel free to offer suggestions, advice and constructive criticism that would provide you with more information or information that is better organized for you. Here is my email address and phone number.
Students will find useful links for homework assistance and their parents will find information about current school issues.
Trustees work to ensure that all of our students realize their potential and succeed. We are advocates for education and the voice of the public, ensuring all concerns are addressed. Each Trustee represents one of our 22 wards. Each ward is a diverse community with unique needs, priorities and educational requirements and Trustees represent their communities.
Together, the Board of Trustees:
- Establishes policies
- Sets budgets and allocates resources
- Formulates plans for the Board and sets priorities to reflect community values and goals
- Supports and monitors student achievement
- Oversees matters related to Board facilities
- Recruits and evaluates a Director of Education
- Collaborates with all levels of government in the best interest of constituents and public policy
Trustees meet as a Board on a regular basis and also participate on organized standing committees.
The meeting schedule lists public meetings.